April 28, 2013

Spring selection : nail polishes

Bonjour !

As the weather is starting to be nicer (it was about time, since we're almost in May), I'm feeling more... springy these days. So I decided to make a few selections of things that would suit perfectly for the season.
I start with one of my favourite make-up things, i.e. nail polishes !
I chose ten of them, and I split them into three categories. I swatched them on adhesive tape because it would take me too much time to do it on my hands properly.

So here is my selection :



You can see already that I only chose light colours... I'm keeping the brighter ones for summer I guess !

So here is the first category, the pastel nail polishes :


They are all from Kiko. It is an Italian brand of quite cheap products, but in general the quality is good. They have an amazing range of colours for their nail polishes, and most of mine are from this shop.
I chose a very light green, a light blue (it's not a baby blue, but a little brighter) and a lilac. These are staple colours for spring, when you want colour but still with soft shades.


From the left to the right, you have the 345, the 339, and the 330 (Kiko nail polishes don't have names).

Then, the nude nail polishes :


I don't have many nude polishes, so it was easy to select these !



I'll describe them starting from the bottom of the picture.
The first one is the "Don't Touch My Tutu", in the mini version (I got the New York City Ballet kit). It is very sheer, and you'll have to apply at least four or five coats to make it opaque, but you could also wear it with two or three coats for a very discrete and classy result.
The Essie nail polish is "Muchi, muchi", an amazing "French manicure" pink. Again it's a sheer shade so you'll need maybe three or four coats to have a very pale pink on your nails, but you could go for a French manicure effect with two coats too.
The last one is the "Naked" by Urban Decay, which comes in the Naked polishes kit. It is a plain and simple beige, almost with orange undertones. You can have a good and opaque result with two coats only.


And finally, the last category : the pearly/almost glittery nail polishes !





Again, two Kiko polishes in the selection !
The first one is the 371. You can't really see it in the pictures, but it is a nude beige with gold glitter in it. It put it in this category because of the glitter, which really make the colour prettier. On the nail you don't really see them though, except in the sunlight. But still !
The other Kiko one is the 303. It is one of my favourite nail polishes ! It is beige, with almost pinky undertones, and silver glitter. Two coats are enough to have a good colour. It goes with everything and suits any colour for an accent nail manicure. 
The first O.P.I polish is "It's Totally Fort Worth It", from the Texas collection. I bought it (with the other O.P.I. one) during the winter sales, half price each so I got one for free, yay ! The shade is very difficult to describe, it's a sort of pearly white with pink/light purple and gold undertones. Again it goes with everything so I tend to wear it a lot.
The other O.P.I. polish is "I Don't Give a Rotterdam", from the Netherlands collection. I think it's quite famous ! It is a light blue with tiny silver glitter on it. And you can really see the glitter when you apply the nail polish on your hands, it's not only in the bottle like the Kiko 371. It is beautifuuul !

***

That's all, here are my ten nail polishes for spring ! Of course I could have chosen more, maybe add some brighter colours like a pink or a bright blue, but I'll keep that for summer, when the sun is around a lot more !

Julia xx

No comments:

Post a Comment